Tuesday, November 6, 2012

CATS AND RABBITS

Suffragettes circa 1918; Image via Tumblr
I voted tonight, for the first time in my 20 years of living. It was something that I was very eager in wanting to partake in and was well worth missing my History of Costume class tonight. (And let me tell you, I'll take punching holes in a piece of paper that will impact my life than sitting on my mcnuggies looking at endless Powerpoint lectures) And I must say, I had all of the lovely ladies, whom I admire dearly, in the back of my head while voting.
Ever since I was a kid, my mother took it upon herself to make it a prominent thing that I respect every single female I encounter in my life. At the time, it was just the girlies in my classroom and the playground but the way my mother worded it, made that respect leak onto every girl and woman I've encountered since. And since discovering Tavi's blog and reading what she's had to say on the behalf of women in fashion and life, I've been able to expand on that respect and learn more. Though I am having a bit of trouble transferring everything I'm feeling into words and in a way, end this post without sounding like a chump, all I can say is, that at the end of day, if Romney can't respect your rights as a woman and your lady bits, then I sure as hell can.
-Karl

0 comments:

Post a Comment