Friday, August 1, 2014

LET'S PLAY KETCHUP

I've been wanting to get back into writing and blogging but the desire and most importantly, the inspiration has not been there. Ever since my old blog, Portions of Karl, went belly up two years ago and got swallowed up by Google, I've just had zero interest. And truthfully, I miss it. The whole getting excited about fashion and having the need to share my thoughts with the world is the thing I miss most. But knowing that my favorite bloggers have gone to bigger and better things, makes it feel rather empty at this end of the table.
Spring.Summer 2015
Though moving forward, my life has been on a trackless roller coaster for most of this year. I've been floating on through the abyss that is life and I've had absolutely no problem with it. Exactly one week after getting dumped and two days after Christmas of last year, I started interning for one of my favorite designers, Shaun Samson. And as of last month, I am now an employed member of his team. (internal screaming)
It's been a very rewarding year working and being mentored under him but I truly could not have asked for such an amazing (and unexpected) opportunity. And now that I am officially tied to his label, it's all open road from here. (I get really excited when I think about it!)
                           
Honorary boy!
As of, relatively. two weeks now, I've been interning for a mutual friend I made through my boss. The ever lovely and notorious Lulu of Lulu and Your Mom, has allowed me to intern for her. Her label, The Fashion Club, is soon to bloom from the ground up and I'm more than happy for her. I'll be going to New York City for the first time come September to help out with her private showcase of the latest pieces from her label. I'm very excited and hell yes to unforeseen travel to the LA of the East Coast! Ah!

I'm telling you, 2014 has been an adventure.

-KJM

0 comments:

Post a Comment