Thursday, April 4, 2013

SELENA ETC. NEEDS A COMEBACK

As a dude of Mehican decent, I obviously know who Selena is. I mean, she's practically in my blood stream, considering all the times my chola neighbors, relatives, and sister played her records. It's pretty crazy and weirdly enough, I still haven't gotten tired of her music. (I have a short attention span for music these days) Anyways, the other day, while stuck in traffic, I remembered, Selena had a clothing line. It was a thought I had to dig into which resulted in finding some pretty amazing photogrpahs from 1996: the epitomy of the nineties.
Upon finding these photographs and gawking at the mere presence of them, I realized, these clothes would totally sell today. With everyone on this nineties high I figured, there has to be a market for them. I considered this since Opening Ceremony did that re-edition collab with DKNY and these garments totally give off the same ninties vibes that the others gave off. Even that one flower dress was giving off the same vibes~ as that shirt-dress Ageyness Deyn produced with her collab with Dr. Martens. It all ties in together, man. Though I really do love those reversible denim overalls. Like, damn. Selena was one progressive woman!
A part of me really misses Selena and I think if some company *cough* Opening Ceremony *cough* considered doing a re-edition collab, it would just be the best. Especially at a time when everyone is on this nostalgic high for the nineties.
-Karlito

You can view more images here.







0 comments:

Post a Comment