Wednesday, May 8, 2013

xXxPUNX4LYFExXx

The new exhibition at the Met, PUNK: Chaos to Couture, seemed to have brought out the best and worst in celebrities. I really don't care much for celebrity culture, growing up in LA just makes one immune to that shit. But having had to deal with punks and greasers all of my life, I can't help but gawk at what was worn and said last night. Now I'm not one for blasting out assumptions but, come on, do you honestly think Kim Kardashian listens to punk? No, right? I don't know, it sounds really passé and middle school of me to judge people based on their "punk merit." Though, come on, don't lie. You know you still secretly judge people while waiting in line at the grocery store. For example, imagine bimbo-Ali walks in with her bleach blonde hair and obvs brand new Misfits tank. You secretly roll your eyes and assume she doesn't even know Horror Business word-for-word. Yeah, we've all done it and you honestly can't really blame anyone for it considering we all lived and went through 2004 with every girl on the block rocking a Ramones tee. Remember that shit? Yeah, it was horrible.
http://stealherstyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/stacy-ann-ferguson-and-ramones-t-shirt-gallery1-249x500.jpg 
This is obviously not from 2004 but it just goes to highlight that this fad just wont quit. Nice look, Fergie. Ha.
Well, I'm clearly just rambling on here but if there's one thing that came out of last night, it was the amazingly real yet horrible quotes that came out of celebrities' mouths when asked questions relating to punk culture. Though their garb was just the cherry to the shit sundae because it sure as hell had me gagging. But don't think I'm picking sides here, punks generally seem to annoy the hell out of me as well. Trust, being in a car full of closed minded non-conformist-conformists for a few hours will have you crawling out of car, begging for some Britney Spears tunes.

“Punk for me is not probably the mohawk, typical punk that you’d sort of envision. A little bit more like ‘romantic punk'" -Kim Kardashian
Um, is that like, a reference to "pastel grunge" or...?
http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-main-image/public/field/image/kim-kardashian-met-pregnant-gala.jpg
  
 “Tonight for The Met I am channeling the O.G. queen of PUNK, JOAN of ARC!” — Katy Perry
Clearly didn't think her outfit's concept out properly.
 http://cdn02.cdnwp.celebuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/06/katy-perry-met-gala-2013-5-681x1024.jpg

 “I dig Green Day and Avril Lavigne” – Hailee Steinfeld
I'll let her slide considering she was probably sheltered as a youngin'.
 http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/photo_galleries/regular_galleries/2145-met-gala-2013-celebrity-costume-ball-red-carpet/photos/1367884734_hailee-steinfeld-zoom.jpg

“I went to the [Vans] Warped Tour a lot” – Darren Criss
TAKE A SEAT. ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK. RUDE.
He just gets no picture.

So, I'll end this one with Miley Cyrus because her look, surprisingly, was my favorite of the night. Haha

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1123439/thumbs/o-MILEY-CYRUS-MET-GALA-2013-570.jpg?15
-Karl
Quotes via Faster Louder
Images via Google

0 comments:

Post a Comment