Friday, May 17, 2013

R.I.P.

They say that every seven years, you become a new person. That within those seven years, your entire body rids of your old self via new skin cells, blood cells, hair particles, nails, etc. to the point where nothing on you is of the old you. It's quite morbid yet beautiful when you give it thought. Though I don't need to know that to understand that I'm no longer the frustrated fourteen year old I once was.
Turning twenty-one has really been quite subtly pleasant. While most people fret about turning another year older, or not even feeling anything at all, I almost always usually do. And as if by an obvious miracle, it's made me nostalgic.
I've come to realize that I have reached the end of my Ghost World era. That place in life that nearly everyone goes through after high school. That place in your life where you start to build the foundation for the person you want to become. It's been quite the journey but I am glad that I went through it, though unique in it's own right. It's a pleasant feeling when you don't think about the person you where in high school or better yet, when you don't even mention high school at all. It just makes you realize that you're growing up and that the bus you hopped on, the one with no destination ahead of it, the one that allows you to get off of whenever you'd like, just doesn't seem so scary anymore.

Summer 2k13.New Age
.Baby blue.Pink.Off-White
.Hazy feelings of wanting to stay but willing to move on
.Hot Summer nights
.The desert
.Rap culture of the mid to late nineties

All images via Tumblr

0 comments:

Post a Comment