Saturday, June 29, 2013

HYPE BEASTS

Hype Beast -
1. A Hype Beast is a kid that collect clothing, shoes, and accessories for the sole purpose of impressing others. Although the individual may not have a dime to their name they like to front like they are making far more then everybody else. Equipped with mommies credit card the Hype Beast will try his hardest to make sure he has every pair of Nike’s he saw Jay-Z wearing on 106 & Park. UrbanDictionary.com
 
Though if you're a visual lad like me, here's a beautiful collage highlighting what a hype beast looks like in the flesh:
 
I usually don't really give a fuck about a new trend and/or label that comes around other than an eye roll or two. (I was still in high school when even saying the word Hipster brought on looks of uncertainty) But I was fairly curious when I found out that what my garb has been consisting of, now has a name.
For the past two years, my wardrobe has gone from conservative meets whimsy to conceptual meets 90's sportswear meets Givenchy meets 90's rave and internet culture meets goth and cholo culture. I take pride in what I wear and am one of the few people who knows what I'm wearing; I wont partake in a trend(s) that takes from subcultures unless I know my shit. So when I found out that I have been partaking in some new found trend, I kind of stumbled in a my stride a bit.
According to THIS Bullet article found in their Culture section of their site, a hype beast is basically anyone who looks like A$AP Rocky. I actually admire Rocky for wearing some of the stuff he wears; it's progressive and allows for the general public to open their eyes to new styles and silhouettes. Though, it's when the public goes full retard with what they see, that I have an issue. Partially when there's even a BLOG mocking this trend. Which has me cringing with second hand embarrassment at times.
 
 
There's really no real reason for me type this post up other than me bitching and face-palming myself. Perhaps I just felt like highlighting the fact that I'm no snowflake. Not that I ever did but I do think I'm a badass motherfucker who doesn't need to be part of 'that life' or any life for that matter. I'm a do me so, suck on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment