Tuesday, July 31, 2012

GIRL POWER


My accidental shrine to Rookie on my closet door featuring a Petra Collins postcard, two photographs with Meadham Kirchhoff's viels, and a Strange Magic ad I stole
This past week was pretty awesome with Space15Twenty, here in Hollywood, housing Tavi and Petra's installation, Strange Magic. For me, it was the epitome of a Goodwill's knick-knack wall meets vintage Avon catalogs meets your grandmothers' bedroom getting blended together to create this pastel concoction that made my synesthesia kick in. I immediately got the flavor of Thrifty's rainbow sherbet ice cream in my mouth and the scent of roses in my nose. It was perfect. Though Friday's event, which had fellow Rookie writers reading aloud some of their work, including my boo, Marie of Agent Lover, was absolutely magical.

Me being a creepy face with cute lil' Tavi
It was about ten minutes before the readings took off that I ran into Marie and exchanged hellos and a few words that she led me to meet my little goddess, Tavi. If you only knew what that did to me; I shit myself all over the entire place! I barely had enough time to collect my thoughts and get myself together before I realized that I was shaking hands with her!
She was seriously the best! So poised and straight forward that she abolished any nerves I had. We had a brief conversation before she had to go get ready but before she left, I gave her a note and burger brooche I made for her. (Which, by the way, matched her striped shirt perfectly!)

Being ~cRaZy n' rAnDoM~ with Marie
It was such a lovely evening full laughter and flower crowns that ended grubbing with Marie and her friends and meeting the lady boo of the lead singer to a favorite band of mine. Kinda freaky but rather amazing. There must have been some ~strange magic~ in the air.
See what I did there? HA
-Karl

P.S.
My Instagram screename is Chologoth

0 comments:

Post a Comment